Sunday, January 27, 2013

HOPE & some Ramblings.

Leafing over some unfinished manuscripts, I noticed over a few months last year, a lot of material on "hope" as a theme had accumulated on my notebook . Most of it unfinished though (perhaps due to ongoing undercurrents), but still browsing over them, made me rethink and for a moment, rewire my thought processes.

Everything happens for a reason. Not necessarily the way one wants them too. Everyone is priceless. Lets respect that.
·       

1. (Prose)              "A  slight shift in perspective can help adjust the focal distance of your life's lens to the right degree. Things of the future are now thankfully blurred. And I am suddenly short sighted."

I see the air I need to breathe.
I see the seconds I need to time.
Much thankfully not the hollow years,
I still have to painfully live.

I see me. Thats it.



·         2. (Poem) The Lens.

By the cobble stoned pavement,
there sprang an "odds and ends" store,
I stopped by from work,
and my errands with time.

The keeper got me a lens,
from somewhere behind the shiny cobwebs,
A one I couldnt even peep through straight.

"But how do I make it work?"
"You don't. It's an artefact of life."

The day over,
The errands done,
The lens soon found its place among my own cobwebs.

Not later than yesterday now,
when your memories,
stole that brick in my shaky embankment,
The lens resurfaced in the waters.

And now I see,
how it does make me soar,
upwards and backwards all around.

Faded and Focussed,
I am not me anymore.

-20/06/2012

·         3. Hope. (Prose)

Sometimes, there will be a persistant knocking of that past on the door. Pretending you are away will only add to the apprehension simmering inside. Do let her in, have a cup of talk and two words of coffee. Loose your thinking capacities and turn into a bumbling idiot who knows nothing about the past or the future. Turn into the you of today. And then show her the door.

Now there's a knock on the door,
of the past on my tail,
I so forgot to cover my tracks,
heck, I'll just go and then sail again.

(C) Ramblings.

·         4. Hope.(Lyrics, Poem)

"And through the window in the wall
Comes streaming in on sunlight wings
A million bright ambassadors of morning"

(C) Waters, Gilmour,Wright, Mason, 1970.

No,
Don't drown this drink of today,
In the hopelesness of tomorrow,
I made it for you, soul,
calculated the percentages and all,
And hope I got it just right.

This drink,
perhaps is not the one,
you were looking for,
The prized alchemic potion,
to a destination of nowhere.

This drink,
This time,
This place,
Has its own beautiful coordinates.

I just hope you see it.

(C) High me. 2012.

·         5. Hope. (Poem)

This back,
my back,
starts acting up today.

Just when,
that rain,
this rain,
starts, and
keeps falling.

Just when,
those dreams,
my dreams,
dared trespass into,
the falling rain of today.

Ah!. Thank thee,
shooting stars in the spine,
for I have no time for dreams,
nor for rains.

-25.06.2012

·         6. Hope 2. (Poem)

In hope you will find your nemesis,
For it will be easy to drown in despair,
in the djinns of hopeless behaviour;
But it will be a rebel chromosome,
that will do you in,
take your wings,
and make you fly,
from the comfort of the velvety marsh,
And fall you may,
Burn and singe you may,
But,
It wil be a shooting star in the sky, say!

-17/07/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment