Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Forgotten Traveller


An earthly triangle,
of homebound avians,
Streaking across the evening sky.

Bathed in the advancing dim light,
Soaring towards the quondam horizon, as
A rainbow from the nascent monsoon,
throws a million colours
Into that emblazoned journey.

Staring across the unearthly sky,
Echoes of a distant ecstatic flutter of wings
Reach my wistful ears.

I secure those jealous senses,
Lest they shower undeserved wrath,
Over the joyous birds bathed in home-bound colour.
For, a home I have not,
A Heart I have not.

A voice within resonates differently though,
An aura of worlds foreign,
Whisper into my magnified ears.

Visions,
Of dust and grime, of rain and flood
of untold stories and forgotten shrines,
pass on a secret hitherto unknown,
Yes, you’re a traveler, just trapped in time and space!


-Palash

2 comments: