Monday, November 14, 2011

The Milestone

Once,

On a journey so full of destinations,
People strange and unknown aberrations,
Travelling down a road unbeaten, a solitary confinement;
A lonely tuft of parched grass on a thirsty embankment.

Somewhere there where the stream should have been,
I guess it was a milestone I had seen,
Shredded and worn out; unsure of its own existence,
But wasn’t my frantic soul so full of undue persistence?

Eyes strained from coaxing the milestone, but never could I guess,
Those remaining destinations or their desperate distances.
In that abandoned thoroughfare,
The sight of the serene sun setting down in a shy sunset,
Perhaps was my hapless reality’s only ethereal asset?

And perhaps I don’t need to know the places I got to go,
Or the many lives I need to grow;
I am meant to pass by the abandoned milestones after all,
Devoid of calculations or clueless recall,
Just travel on to the melting horizon’s indolent drone
Into a bag full of soulful dreams unknown...

-Palash

No comments:

Post a Comment